Introduce Yourself…

Home Forums Cambridge Saxophone Forum Introduce Yourself…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Forshaw 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Dan Forshaw
    Keymaster

We’ve had lots of new members joining the site over the past few weeks so please do say hello and introduce yourself, (even if you’ve been on the site for years!)

What are you working on at the moment and what would you like to learn more about?

Vanessa
    Participant

Hi, I’m Vanessa from Cambridge UK. I play tenor and have been having lessons with Dan for several years.
    I don’t practice anywhere near as much as I should and very often feel like I’m taking 2 steps forward one step back. My monthly lesson with Dan keeps my momentum going tho 🙂

I am currently transcribing ‘Foolin’ Myself’- the opening solo by Lester Young. Quite simple in terms of notes but I’m using it to try to improve my tone. Irregular practice means I’m progressing slowly but, here’s a thought, I’ll post a video here on 30th April – no matter what stage I’ve reached!
    Gosh! out there now! gotta do it 😉

Vincent Gaglio
    Participant

This is Vincent gaglio, finally making the decision to get the help I need because I can’t do it on my own. ! Look forward to taking my playing to the next level on my old age. Lol

Vinny

sopisue
    Participant

Hi, I’m Sue from Durham and I’ve been playing sax for about 15 years on and off. I play alto in a local big band and soprano in a sax ensemble – not quite a sax choir 🙂 as we have nothing higher than sop or lower than bari. Enjoyable nonetheless. I’m always looking for ways to improve my playing and dabble with improvisation from time to time. Nice to be here and hope to get a lot from the experience.

Dan Forshaw
    Keymaster

Hi Sue

Welcome to Cambridge Saxophone! There are a few more on here, but they are a little shy at introducing themselves. Check out these links as a starting point and if you get stuck at any time, don’t be afraid to ask for help either on the forum, or via email!

How to use this website

Lesson 3 – 3 for 1 Pentatonic Scales

Dan’s Scale Primer

Transcribe – Back to the Land

Dan

Vincent Gaglio
      Participant

Hi good to have you here, great that you play in a local band that has got to feel awesome. I play sometimes for my wife and dog lol.

Günter Haika
    Participant

Hi, I’m Günter from Vienna, Austria. I played music – rock, prog-rock, pop – on various instruments most of my life (I’m 61 now), settled for bass guitar some 15 or more years ago. Two years ago, I bought a tenor, because I had become interested in jazz and wanted to play a melody instrument again. Also, I wanted to play one song on tenor for a gig on my 60th birthday (I did).
    I’m self-taught, with the help of online resources. I currently play fretless acoustic bass guitar in a 5-piece Latin band, where they also expect me to play a few songs on sax to complement our trumpet player.
    I’m here to learn, to improve, but most of all, to stay motivated.

Dan Forshaw
    Keymaster

Hi Gunter! I think the forum is a little quiet at the moment as it is the end of summer – come on the rest of you, what are we all working on?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.