This is a follow up to our enormously successful, ‘20 songs in 20 weeks‘ course that introduced many of you to new songs.
In this course we are going to learn 10 licks in 10 weeks. Each lick has been carefully chosen by me because of its sound, frequency of use and harmonic application.
You should learn each lick carefully the following three ways…
- Learn how I play the lick BY EAR!
- Keep playing the lick everyday, the moment you pick up the instrument, each time before you pop the saxophone away on the stand or back in its case – play this weeks lick.
- Transpose each lick into as many keys as you can.
- Be able to move the lick,
(a) Around the cycle of 4ths
(b) In Semitones
(c) In Tones
(d) In Minor 3rds, Major 3rds and tritones
- Find a song you can ‘plant’ this lick into, I will give you an idea each week, but find some more.